Companies often spend significant resources in employment branding, expensive systems, assessments, training on interview techniques and other investments.
Yet, for all the effort, relatively little time is dedicated to improving the most important “point of impact” – the hiring team’s decision-making process. There is no substitute for an effective decision about talent that has greater impact on business performance.
TYPICAL CLIENT CHALLENGES
- Reluctance to make a career decision about whether to hire or deploy a candidate or employee.
- Over/underwhelmed by objective data, hiring teams rely excessively on “gut” and make a sub-optimal choice.
- Decisions seem to be made without much consideration for risks, alternatives, counter-measures, or because a candidate ‘looks good”, without considering the specific impact on the business.
We work with the client to customize a workshop around existing tools and processes in order to teach managers how to make the most effective talent decisions and optimize what is already available to them. Managers will get hands-on experience with a simple set of tools and skills to make the best decision.
The Sizing Up People workshop covers:
- Understanding context in making talent decisions – short supply skills that make a difference
- Defining the psychological job description: Character, Competence and Chemistry factors
- Synthesizing available data and prioritizing what is critical
- How to develop alternatives, make trade-offs, understand consequences of decisions and counter measures
- Managing risks and avoiding decision-making traps
- Assessing the quality of the decision
Our workshop has been extensively tested and delivered across industries in North America, Europe, China, and Australia. Managers come to the workshop with real decisions that need to be made and leave with the skills and tools to make them effectively.
Contact JLRpartners to set up a complementary telephone consultation to discuss bringing this workshop to your organization.